More than a mouthful…let’s just read that title again: High Protein Molten Chocolate Lava Cake. It sounds too good to be true, doesn’t it? Especially when you consider that it contains NO gluten, NO grains and NO refined sugar. But I’m here to tell you that it’s real and it’s more than good. Oh yes, this recipe is downright divine. It’s got a perfectly soft and moist cake around the edges, and a soft, luscious, melt-y chocolate center. Just like any perfectly respectable lava cake should. I hope the photos speak for themselves. But don’t just take my word for it – make it for yourself!
Look, there is a reason this is number one on my list of ways to crush chocolate cravings, in terms of finding a healthful recipe on the Webbernet for your favourite chocolate recipe. It’s ooey-gooey, melt-y, chocolate-y goodness. It just also happens to be high in protein, gluten-free and free of refined sugar. Need I say more? This recipe must be tried to be believed:
High Protein Molten Chocolate Lava Cake
Like all great lava cake, this has a perfectly soft and moist cake around the edges, and a soft, luscious, melt-y chocolate center. But it’s high in protein, and free of gluten, grains and refined sugar! Delightfully devilish to taste but angelic in its nutrition!
Author: The Golden Graham Girl
3 tbsp (45mL) unsweetened non-dairy milk (e.g. cashew milk or almond milk – I like Silk Unsweetened Creamy Cashew Milk in Original or Vanilla)
2 + 1 tbsp stevia-sweetened dark chocolate baking chips (I use Lily’s brand stevia-sweetened baking chips*)
1 large egg, whisked
½ sccop (~15g) chocolate protein powder (I like Rivalus Native Chocolate Whey or Diesel Milk Chocolate New Zealand Wehy)
1 ½ tbsp (~12g) coconut flour
¼ tsp (1g) sea salt
Chocolate protein bar (my top picks include Oh Yeah One Chocolate Brownie*, Quest Rocky Road* or Quest Double Chocolate Chunk*), chopped in small pieces
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 F.
2. Heat the non-dairy milk and 2 tbsp chocolate chips in a double-boiler or in a small microwave-safe dish, heating in thirty-second increments and stirring until chocolate is fully melted and combined.
3. Meanwhile, combine all dry ingredients except protein bar in a small bowl.
4. When chocolate is fully combined, whisk in the egg and then add to dry ingredients.
5. Stir in the protein bar pieces, reserve a few for the topping.
6. Spray two oven-safe ramekins with non-stick cooking spray.
7. Pour half of the batter in each ramekin.
8. Sprinkle evenly with the reserved 1 tbsp of chocolate chips and remaining protein bar pieces.
9. Bake for 16-18 minutes until edges are set but middle is still soft.
10. Remove from oven and let cool slightly before
Calories: 275 Fat: 15.1g Carbohydrates: 27.6g Sugar: 1.1g Fiber: 14.7g Protein: 22.8g
*Nutrition information may vary slightly depending on brand/type of protein powder and protein bar used.
All content on The Golden Graham Girl is the original creation and property of thegoldengrahamgirl.com (unless otherwise noted).
*Please note that I am currently NOT sponsored by or affiliated with any particular brand, company or product. Any ideas, comments or opinions are my own, as mentioned in my Product Review page. However, if you choose to purchase new-to-you products I recommend using the link(s) I provide, I can earn a small credit. More information on that is available here.